Monday, January 21, 2013

Happy New Year!

I am thrilled to share a new technique that I have started to play around with.

For Christmas this year my husband gave me a calendar filled with artwork created by the Northwest artist named Nikki McClure. She creates paper cut designs. Her work is truly original and unique. Contemporary Genre Art or daily life imagery using only black paper and an X-Acto knife.

Since the beginning of the year, I have been sketching out my own designs onto cardstock and postcards and then cutting away the positive and negative portions with an X-acto blade. There is a simple, fragile beauty to the finished product. I am going to keep working with this method of mail.art until I have a completed series. So far this is what I have created.







2 comments:

  1. Those turned out awesome! I always admired paper artists, mostly because my patience are good enough to ever complete something like this!

    ReplyDelete